Engineering & Consultancy
The life of a new vessel starts with precision design and specification. SeaTec’s engineering expertise ensures a new vessel is ready and fit for purpose.
SeaTec engineering and consultancy division offers an integrated package of services, supplying new build design and engineering consultancy knowledge to the shipping industry around the world.
Using a comprehensive library of cutting edge software, SeaTec’s team takes the vessel through the intricate design drafting stages using CAD, 3D modelling and monitoring analysis software, meeting national and international standards every step of the way. SeaTec engineering services also go beyond ship design, covering new construction, asset integrity health checks and full dry-dock build project management.
Each service is carried out by a dedicated team of project managers, design engineers, systems engineers and naval architects. Working together, SeaTec’s technical skills and operational ship management experience will design the vessel you need and deliver the detailed specification required to ensure a build of excellence.
SeaTec’s engineering & consultancy services include:
- Concept and Detail Design: from the review of applicable regulations through design calculations and provision of drawing packages for tender, Class approval and fabrication to the preparation of tender specifications
- Conversion Services: such as feasibility studies, selection of tonnage, preparation of conversion/design specifications and shipyard tender assessments
- Naval Architecture: including stability and longitudinal strength analysis, incline and lightweight surveys, stability booklet updates, development of hull maintenance strategies and assessing the impact of new legislation on existing tonnage
- Mechanical Engineering: such as piping, system design and modifications, waste heat recovery and heat transfer calculations, machinery upgrades, noise/vibration damping and 3D modelling
- Structural Engineering: including structural design, sea-fastening calculations, local and global Finite Element Analysis (FEA) studies, crack/damage investigations and 3D Modelling
- Electrical Engineering: including preparation of load schedules, single line and wiring/ termination diagrams, cable routing and switchboard design.
- 3D Laser Scanning: this quick, efficient and highly accurate alternative to traditional dimensional survey methods allows our engineers to quickly build a 3D model of any proposed modification and ensure that there are no clashes with existing structure or systems.
- Project Management: of activities such as vessel lay-up and reactivation, dry-dockings and major repairs and conversions
Contact us for more information on our engineering and consultancy services.
Latest SeaTec News
Find all our latest news articles and press releases relating to SeaTec and all our brands.
Posted: 2nd September 2020
Posted: 1st July 2020
Posted: 24th June 2020
Posted: 10th June 2020
Posted: 3rd June 2020
Posted: 21st May 2020
Posted: 27th April 2020
Posted: 20th April 2020
Posted: 30th March 2020
Posted: 17th March 2020
Posted: 10th March 2020
Posted: 11th February 2020