Conversion & Refit
SeaTec provides safe, efficient, cost and time effective conversion solutions.
We work on multiple vessel types, and we have extensive experience with the offshore industry and luxury yachts. Supporting clients in identifying the most suitable shipyard, developing the best design and providing onsite supervision or installation team, during conversion.
SeaTec operates a retrofit methodology, for conversion from single machinery or equipment to entire ship, which includes the following stages:
- Feasibility studies for vessels’ upgrading, lengthening or re-powering: preparation of technical solutions, following authorities’ approval, cost indications and milestones utilizing vast know-how in this industry.
- Option analysis, evaluating possible conversion solution to satisfy client requirements
- 3D laser scan survey to perform the best conversion design, basing on the existing structures and equipment layouts.
- Engineering package, complete with technical drawings and reports to be used easily during conversion
- Class checks and approval drawings are provided and guaranteed in advance avoiding issues on site installation
- Supporting the owner in the procurement of supplied equipment interacting with the suppliers to find suitable technical and commercial solutions
- Building up a technical specification for yard bidding
- Assisting during the contract awarding
- Supporting the owner with the plan approval of the design drawings and the yard’s engineering
- Supervising the conversion work at the yard step-by-step with our site teams of experts in various disciplines to guarantee a solid technical execution for the modification required
Contact us for all of your conversion and refit needs.
Latest SeaTec News
Find all our latest news articles and press releases relating to SeaTec and all our brands.
Posted: 10th February 2021
Posted: 2nd September 2020
Posted: 1st July 2020
Posted: 24th June 2020
Posted: 10th June 2020
Posted: 3rd June 2020
Posted: 21st May 2020
Posted: 27th April 2020
Posted: 20th April 2020
Posted: 30th March 2020
Posted: 17th March 2020
Posted: 10th March 2020