Today’s ship owners, managers and operators are under constant pressure to demonstrate that the vessels, which they operate, are safe both in the material sense and with respect to the ability of the crew to operate them safely.
There is a growing demand for onboard training services to refresh crew knowledge and verify the safe operation through training, drills and exercises.
Our on board training services are designed to review familiarisation of equipment and assess the emergency preparedness of the crew. Where necessary on board training will consider:
- Allocation of duties and responsibilities
- Procedures and methods of communication
- Actions to be taken
- Understanding of safety information, symbols, signs and alarm signals
- Utilisation of on board training materials
An evaluation of the on board training needs for the vessel will undertaken in consultation with the Management Office and the Master. As part of this service a generic library of training material may be made available through SeaTec including:
- ISM Code
- STCW 95.
- Use of LSA.
- Use of Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Enclosed Space Entry.
- Pollution Prevention.
- OPA 90/Marpol Requirements.
- Risk Management.
- 3rd Part Inspection including Pre-Vetting.
- Resource Management.
- Self Audits.
Additional Training Material
SeaTec Training Superintendents have a wealth of experience on all ship types and where requested can offer additional training in the following areas:
- Bridge Team Management
- Passage Planning
- Ship specific safety issues
- Gas Detection equipment and calibration
- ISPS Awareness
- Accident Investigation
Onboard training is supported by drills and exercises including but limited to:
- Lifeboat Drill
- Fire Drill
- Enclosed Space Entry
- Rescue Drill
- Oil Spill Drill
- Search Drills
- Anti-Piracy Drills