We offer the full range of expertise required for effective plan approval ensuring that your position as an Owner is protected from the start of the contract. Our principal aims are to:
- Ensure the Owner specified requirements have been met
- Check that correct dimensions, tolerances and clearances are indicated
- Ensure that the vessel is designed and built according to an acceptable standard and is safe to operate
- Review of secondary marine systems, structural detail, coatings and all areas of hull outfit
- Monitor and control the progress of correspondence, drawings and any variation orders.
The Classification and Flag State approvals – which apply during construction – ensure that the vessel complies with the requirements relating to the main structural scantlings, marine systems and life saving / fire fighting issues.
Our plan approval services ensure that the Shipbuilder complies with the intent of the new building contract.
We undertake a detailed examination of the Shipbuilder’s drawings by people fully conversant with the particular shipbuilding contract and specification, modern shipbuilding and engineering practices, statutory requirements, and the requirements for safe and efficient ship operation.
We have well developed and established procedures for plan approval which have been independently verified by a number of clients including major oil companies.
Our procedures are supported by our bespoke plan approval database which ensures effective configuration control of all documents, actions and variation orders raised throughout the life of the individual projects.
We assist owners at the contract stage, ensuring an agreed program of drawing submissions allowing an ordered sequence to suit the design and build schedule, balancing the approval workload.
We provide new building plan approval services to a wide range of owners and operating companies, and have done so over many years.
Current Plan Approval Projects
- 15 x 5500 Deadweight Product Tankers
- 6 x 5300 Deadweight Bulk Carriers
- 21 x 58500 Deadweight Bulk Carriers
- 12 x Cape Size Bulk Carriers
- 8 x 16500 Deadweight Chemical Tankers
- 2 x Aframax Product Tankers