PACT Focus is a one-off health assessment of ship’s systems carried out by professional condition monitoring engineers using state of the art technology.
- A customised solution for each ship
- Plan and prioritise ship’s repair work in the dry dock
- Use in support of warrantee claims
- Latest condition monitoring technology extending the human senses
- Tests to ISO standards where available
- Intrinsically safe ATEX approved equipment for hazardous zones
- Direct your maintenance resources to where they are most needed
- Minimum waste, maximum effect.
The PACT Focus service is ideally carried out annually or before the vessel enters dry dock or for warrantee claims.
Condition monitoring engineer sails with the vessel for 5 to 6 days and performs a complete health check of the ship.
Vibration and shock pulse data measured from all machinery. On the spot analysis and interpretation of results.
Thermographic inspection of all electrical and some critical mechanical systems.
Pressure and vacuum leak detection using passive ultrasonic frequency methods.
Thickness measurement of critical machinery systems.
Particle count, additive and elemental chemical analysis of lube oils with ferrography on suspect samples.
Main and auxiliary engines performance test and power balance analysis.
Detailed machinery health assessment report.
Why Condition Based Maintenance?
Consider the following statistics:
- More than 25% serious incidents at sea are caused by machinery failure
- 60% of machinery failure takes place immediately after a maintenance activity
- A third of all maintenance is performed unnecessarily.
- Reduced time and expenditure in dry dock
- Savings due to focused repair and maintenance work
- Increased ship availability due to more reliable systems
- Easy upgrade to our ongoing service PACT Live.