PACT Design is a tailored condition monitoring solution for individual ships ensuring that critical systems are monitored 24 hours while others are monitored periodically
- A customised plan for each ship
- State of the art technology removing excessive reliance on ship’s crew
- Integration with ship’s alarm system
The PACT Design service is ideally carried out while the vessel is still being built.
A holistic assessment of ship’s engineering systems with criticality assessment and cost benefit evaluation.
On-line systems for vibration measurement, oil cleanliness monitoring, engine performance monitoring, thermal imaging windows.
Off-line walk-around systems for less critical machinery.
Integration of on-line and off-line data.
Facility for auto alert of shore staff upon alarm or warning levels incursion.
Integration with maintenance software to benefit from predictive maintenance.
Working with Class on your behalf for achieving Condition based Survey notations.
Why think of condition monitoring during the construction phase?
- It costs twice as much to retrofit systems when the ship is in service
- More than 25% serious incidents at sea are caused by machinery failure
- 60% of machinery failure takes place immediately after a maintenance activity
- A third of all maintenance is performed unnecessarily
- Reduced time and expenditure in retrofitting systems
- Enhanced reliability due to permanent monitoring
- Predictive maintenance optimises resource utilisation
- Increased ship availability due to more reliable systems
- Easy upgrade to our ongoing service PACT Live