marlins Training for Seafarers
Marlins is the world’s leading supplier of English Language Testing & Training solutions for the maritime industry.
- Working with employers internationally to establish standards of English language competence required for safe and accurate communications
- Approved by UK MCA, IMO and ISF
- Targeted training for seafarers in every crew supply country
- Flexible training solutions for merchant marine industry, cruise & yacht sectors, ports and offshore industry
We offer consultancy training and a range of training packages for self-study or course work.
Marlins training products include:
A new range of CBT:
- ISPS Crew Awareness
- Risk Assessment
- Accident Investigation
- Environmental Awareness
- Lifeboat Training
- Oily Water Separators
Each CBT package includes assessment and certification materials.
- Marlins Study Pack1: English for Seafarers (elementary level)
- Marlins Study Pack 2: English for Seafarers (intermediate level)
Marlins training services include:
- Training for interviewers in English Language Assessment
- Train the Trainer courses
- Distance management of ELT for ship managers
- Cross-cultural training
The ISF Marlins English Language Test for Seafarers has been upgrade and is now taken online. Marlins also provide two oral interview based tests:
- ISF Marlins Test of Spoken English (TOSE)
- Marlins Spoken English Assessment for Cruiseship Staff (SPEACS)
The tests provide an international benchmark for levels of English language competence for seafarers.
Marlins Approved Test Centres
We have an expanding global network of test sites which are all audited by Marlins on behalf of the UK MCA. Seafarers applying for CECs may take the Marlins tests only at Approved Test Centres.