The continued trouble free availability of the ship for engaging in trade is the main concern of every ship owner. At Seatec we will make a PACT with you the ship owner, to achieve this goal.
- Machinery reliability is a critical requirement
- Machinery failure cause nearly 25% of marine accidents (IMO study)
- Most machinery failures take place immediately after a maintenance activity
- Land based industries save upto 40% of their maintenance budget when they convert to condition based maintenance .
Condition based maintenance can only succeed if it is implemented and managed efficiently. Every ship is unique and needs to be treated uniquely.
A successful condition monitoring regime will have the following ingredients:
- Initial analysis of ship’s systems to differentiate between critical and non critical items
- The selection of the most suitable condition monitoring technology
- Determination of periodicity of data collection
- Replicable and robust data collection methodology
- Expert analysis of data providing recommendations for corrective action
- On-going technical support.
- At SeaTec we provide a solution specific to each ship.